Tyrannosaurus rex DUFFY Half Skull – Display Replica ( BHI #126385 )
Tyrannosaurus rex DUFFY Half Skull – Display Replica
$8,600.00Availability: In Stock
- Production times may vary. Custom products are not always available on hand. Standard production time is 3 months, check with us to confirm build time and delivery.
- The Work is a product of the artistry, artwork, and preparation of BHI and/or their affiliates. As such it is protected under United States and International Copyright laws. Any duplication of The Work without written authorization of the copyright holder(s) is not permitted and is subject to civil and criminal prosecution, excluding the following:
1) BUYER may capture media of The Work for use in BUYER’s promotion, advertising, and marketing, except where such use creates consumer merchandise.
2) BUYER may capture media of The Work for use in BUYER’s interpretive media.
- DUFFY was an adolescent! His skull demonstrates that the jaws and teeth grew to nearly adult size, long before the rest of the skull.DUFFY (discovered in 1993) is the second T. rex specimen discovered by Stan Sacrison (who first discovered his namesake, STAN T. rex). The specimen is about 30% complete, making it one of the top ten, most complete T. rex specimens known. The skull is 70% complete. The skull and skeleton were disarticulated and scattered over more than an acre of matrix. We excavated DUFFY over 5 collecting seasons, expanding the search area each year. We tried ground penetrating radar with no luck, but developed new collecting techniques which assisted us in collecting the specimen from this widely scattered area.Available in two convenient mounting styles:
- Wall Mount – Hang our DUFFY half skull replica on a wall in your living room or office, in the main hall of your school or youth center… anywhere you might like an exciting and unusual conversation piece! Comes with simple mounting brackets pre-drilled for 16″ OC studs.
- Floor / Table Mount – Suitable for free standing displays
|Age||Late Cretaceous [~65 MYA]|
|Locality||Hell Creek Formation, Harding County, South Dakota, USA|
|Credit||The original was collected and prepared by Black Hills Institute of Geological Research, Inc. and is on exhibit at The Museum at Black Hills Institute, in Hill City, South Dakota.|
|Notes||Standard production time is 3 months, check with us to confirm build time and delivery.|
|Size||~ 46″ l (117 cm)|
|Extras||Crate and packing fees apply. Please contact us for details.|